The living room is one of the most important rooms of a home, as it is often the first room you see when you enter. Therefore, homeowners attach great importance when decorating it.
Jumia House Ghana has compiled six ways to make your room look more spacious, welcoming and relaxing.
- Paint the living room – Painting a room not only gives your room a personalized style, but it can make it more welcoming. Use warm or bright colours, such as blue, red or green. Try to avoid mixing too many colours; choose one or two that match your furniture for a welcoming room to entertain your guests.
- Use carpets – If the floor is bare, a room can look quite empty or uncomfortable. Consider installing a carpet or rug to create a comfortable sitting area. Patterned carpets can highlight the colour scheme of your interior design and bring out the beauty of the room. Consider lighter colours if the colour of the room is also bright, so the decor is not too overwhelming. You can always mix up bolder accents with striped carpets
- Curtains and blinds – Curtains and blinds provide shade and add, at the same time, beauty to your room. They can also be used to divide the dining area from the sitting area, to make the most of your space and make your room more versatile. Consider a floral pattern for the living room, to liven up the decor and add some excitement to the room.
- Create a library – Install shelves and line up all the books and magazines you have collected over the years. This is an inexpensive way of decorating, and helps you to organize yourself and your living space.
- Nature – Flowers always make a room look brighter and can improve the air quality. If you provide enough water, they can easily survive for days so they are not too difficult to look after. You don’t have to stick to the same flowers, choose a variety of flowers such as daffodils, sunflowers, or roses to bring the room to life.