meqasa.com, Ghana’s number 1 real estate portal is imploring the general public to donate to a fundraising initiative to support a worthy cause by helping children in underprivileged schools gain access to computers.
The role of “tech in education” in today’s world cannot be over-emphasized. The educational system is experiencing a transformational revolution fueled by recent developments in the digital world and with wide access to the internet.
With this new wave of revolution, it is imperative that key players in education, thus children, are equipped with the necessary resources that facilitate learning.
It is quite disheartening then that children from the Hope Christian Academy; a school established in 2002 for little children from the Village of Hope orphanage in the Gomoa Fetteh township in the Central region of Ghana, are deprived of essential facilities due to lack of funds in providing the school with adequate computers and a modern library, which have become indispensable tools that drive innovation, growth and development.
In their bid not to be hindered by inadequate funds or the lack of it, they have self sustained the school primarily through the fees some of the students pay, making up 90% of the revenue generated whiles the remaining 10% of the revenue is received in the form of donations in cash or in kind. Through their hardwork and determination to build a sustainable future for the hopeless children, they have been able to put some of their past pupils through completion of their college education who have gone on to make meaningful impact in their spheres of influence.
One of such students is Sappah Yahaya, who started his education at the Academy in Grade 5 and proceeded to gain admission to Prempeh College after graduating with distinction. He then continued to Ashesi University College with a Mastercard Foundation scholarship to read Business Administration. He is currently employed as the Finance Manager of Hope Christian Academy – the very school that helped shape him into the responsible and hardworking young man he is today.
The Hope Christian Academy has come very far in raising the next generation of leaders but are unable to continue their good work because the resources are not forthcoming. It is in light of this that they seek the benevolence of the general public to help them achieve their goal by helping them raise funds to continue their good work.
Emmanuella Annan, a 10-year-old student in Hope Christian Academy told meqasa through an interview that “I like learning about satellites. I want to learn how to use a computer better. I don’t want to be left behind by technology.”
We believe we can help the children of Hope Christian Academy realize their dream to do more and better if we empower them with the appropriate and relevant tools to function. This will go a long way in educating them become wholesome and functioning individuals in the society.
meqasa.com, Ghana’s number 1 real estate portal is imploring the general public to donate to a fundraising initiative to help the impoverished children of Hope Christian Academy school gain access to computers.
This fundraising initiative is part of meqasa.com’s five year anniversary celebration. meqasa.com is appealing to the general public to contribute to this fund with any amount to help raise many empowered children, who will be able to build a better Ghana.
Let’s support a worthy cause, no amount is too little.
Donate from any network via mobile money to: 0246631440, 0267150275 (meqasa Ltd)
Contact 0506866060 for more information on other ways to donate