Decorating your home should not always be that cumbersome process that always cost you an arm and a leg. Your guests can be amazed at your sense of style thanks to very easy tips. Follow these simple and easy steps to reach this goal:
- Painting: Painting your home is one of the easiest ways of giving your home that makeover you have always dreamed of. Bright colours can be combined with white to provide your room with the most cheerful look. Paints are also very affordable and the good news is, it is a DIY process.
- Floor rugs: Floor rugs and carpets also add that cheery look to the home. Floor rugs are easy to obtain from flea markets that are organized by a number of institutions like the Goethe Institute or the Ghana International School at very affordable prices.
- Throw Pillows: Depending on the colour or the kind of look you would like to give your home, select colours of pillows for the couch. You can choose very brightly coloured ones like yellow, red or blue.
- Potted plants: those are quite easy to get. You do not need the large, heavy pots but you can select a colourful bowl by drilling holes underneath to allow easy drainage of excess water. Place them near windows for sunlight and your room will have a little touch of nature and a sense of freshness.
- Floor cushions: They can be put on the floor to decorate the space but they can always serve as seating for extra guests who show up in your home. You can choose those made of leather, which is quite easy mostly in the African Market in Osu and other locations. Of course, your selection depends on your tastes.
- Rearrange wall hangings; This should be easy for you to do. Just take off all the wall-hangings and photographs on the wall, take a deep breath and start arranging them in a different order.
- Use jars as lamp holders: In these days of power rationing, you can come up with a creative idea of covering a jar with a very colourful paper or material and placing the candle in the jar. This will provide your room with a nice glow.
Follow these steps to give your home the makeover you have always wanted.