So you’ve finally met the one. They are all you’ve been dreaming of all your life. You have said the vows, gone for the honeymoon and returned. It’s now time for you to move in together. Two different people with different styles and tastes moving in together. It can be stressful but if you follow the tips below, designing your home together could be so much easy. How do you want the interior of your home to look like? Jumia House Ghana presents to some tips to decorate your new home:
- Plan – It is very important to plan ahead. Don’t just plan towards the wedding and the honeymoon; you need to plan how your living room, bedroom and kitchen will look like. Important subjects to be considered include colours, home appliances, accessories, furnishings, etc. These are very essential. Don’t wait till the last minute before you consider what should make your home. You need to plan ahead!
- Look for ideas – With the advent of the internet, there are so many websites that you can visit for ideas. Talk of Jumia House Ghana, ghanarising, ethnicity, blueprintafrica, Pinterest. You can’t have all the knowledge in your mind, visit these blogs and websites for information on what will make your home look great.
- Make a list – What are the items you are going to need for the new home? Make a list of the equipment, the furniture, . You need to list items that you already have and what you need as a couple. Get rid of some of the old items. Buy new items if you need to. Make alterations if there is the need to. That is the reason you are a couple.
- Start all over – This is a new phase of your lives together. You need to start all over. That does not mean you should get rid of all the old items in the room but you need to build the home together. Acquire new items if there is the need to do that. Both couples views are important. Design the house over time, the room will represent both of you in a few years.
- Cooperate – You need to practice this act perfectly; compromise, cooperate. The home must not look too feminine or too masculine. That is where the act of cooperating comes into play. Choose colours for the room together. There is nothing like the work of the wife or the husband. Shop together for the furnishing and the appliances. Speak to an expert if you seem not to come up with a conclusion. Work together as a couple. It can be fun.
Planning your life together can be amazing and the interior design of your home speaks a lot about you as couple. It can also be exciting and a bonding experience, if you do it together as a couple.