Moving out of your parent’s house can be a tough decision, considering all the benefits that come with it. Nevertheless, there is are trade-offs that come with like curfews, restrictions and respect. Like many young people, it’s likely to feel nervous about this big decision. To help you know the time is right to move out, Jumia House Ghana have put together this six signs:
- When old age is approaching: You know it’s time to move from your parents out when you are approaching your thirties. Even though your parent might appear supportive, their respect for you will reduce if you are still dependent on them at your old age. Also, it is very embarrassing when a younger sibling moves out and you are still sticking around.
- Longer commute time: When you spend long hours on the road before you get to work. It is advisable that you relocate close to your workplace to save time and money. Also when there are a lot of job offers from companies in the major cities.Relocating to the major cities presents a whole new arsenal of opportunities.
- In a serious relationship: Privacy is vital in every relationship, it is terrible when you are always interrupted during your alone time with your partner at home or it gets awkward in the morning when your parents wake up to find out you allowed somebody to sleep over in their house. Even if your parents are okay with your partner sleeping over, it’s still not comfortable .
- Parting is a thing:Living with your parents comes with restrictions and monitoring. If you are the party animal or the always-want-to-hangout type, you are likely to always get into an argument with your parents. When these arguments become frequent, then you have to consider getting your own place and enjoy your freedom.
- Curfew time: It is never a good feeling when you have to leave a date in a rush because your curfew time is approaching or your parents blow up your phone when it’s past your curfew time. It makes you feel very childish, even though you are grown. This is a sign that it’s time you start thinking of your own place.
- Moving out comments from your parents: Another sign that it is time to move from your parent is when they start passing comments about when are you moving out or they do not consider you as a member of the house when making plans. Even though it will hurt, the hard truth is you have to eventually put yourself out there by getting your own place.