You enter the shop and tell yourself you are there to buy one specific sofa, but when you get to the shop, you see about five different variations and colours of sofa;#confusedmuch. Now, you are not sure which to choose because you want them all. meqasa.com is here to help sort you out in 5 steps.
- Budget: There exists no reasonable amount to spend on a sofa, but you should know just how much you are willing to spend. You can do some research online for various prices before leaving home.
- Size: You have to decide how much space you want your new sofa to take. The couch should not be too big that it won’t fit into the space available or too small that your living room looks underwhelmed. Choosing the right couch is important for the layout of your room.
- Placement: Before you decide on the couch to buy, know the layout you have in mind. Ask yourself what is done primarily in the living room, game night? Watching TV? Reading? Your answer will influence the type of sofa you purchase and its placement in your living room.
- Design & Shape: Now that you know how the placement will be done, you need to settle on the design and shape. An L shaped couch is great for open spaces and round for small spaces. You could also have a mix, but be careful not to mix up too many styles, else your living room might look like a mess.
- Material : It’s easy to fall prey to that suede nude seat, but beware, if you have children or pets, then that sofa is not for you. Leather in dark colours may be a better option. It is easy to clean and leather is generally known to wear well in that; it takes about 5 years before the first signs of ageing begin to show.
Have you had any experience shopping for sofa for your home? Which shops did you go to and what did you settle on? Please share on Facebook and Twitter.