Jumia House Ghana released new data highlighting the habits of men and women when moving into a new home. As we all know, men and women from across 25 countries around the world are considered almost equal, when it comes to moving into a new home of course.
The simple question we asked: “What was the first thing you did when you moved into your new home?”
The number of respondents includes: 58 percent were from Europe and America, 17 percent from Africa and Middle-East and the 25 percent were from Asia.
The survey revealed the following:
- The most popular activity conducted when arriving into a new home was clean. 73 percent of women and 53 percent of men organized and cleaned their property, before settling in. This shows that the main priority of both sexes when relocating to their new dwelling is cleanliness.
- 61 percent of respondents revealed that they preferred a spotless home while the remaining 39 percent had other priorities in mind on arrival.
- 17 percent celebrated with food and drinks, with either champagne or beer. Interestingly enough, the German population celebrated the success of relocating by consuming alcohol.
- 10 percent bought new furniture, while 7 percent rested, they know the value of a good nap.
- Back in the day, the first activity was to ask for a cup of sugar from your new neighbor, instead 5 percent introduced themselves to nearby residents.
- The remaining two percent said the first thing they did on arrival – take a selfie of them in their humble abode.