Seven Bold Home Décor Ideas 2020!
- 1 January, 2020
Are you getting tired of doing the same weekly activities? Fear not there are plenty of new adventures yet to be discovered in Accra.
From shopping malls to the best nightlife, Jumia House looks at some exciting new places to discover in Ghana’s capital.
1. Shopping Malls – Looking for places to shop? There are more exciting options in Ghana. Apart from the more conventional options like Makola Market, there are more sophisticated shopping centers like the Accra Mall located near Tetteh Quarshie, WestHills Malls in Weija, Marina Mall at Airport and the Junctions Mall at Teshie. These malls offer a variety of shops, as well as recreational facilities such as bars, restaurants and a cinema. There is also a flea market at the Goethe Institut.
2. Restaurants and Bars – There are new eateries and bars spreading throughout Accra. A number of them can be found at Oxford Street in Osu. Looking for Thai, Ivorian, Chinese and local dishes? Popular Chinese Restaurants in Osu include Tip Top, Noble House and China House which is across the Dankwa Circle. There is Burger and Relish, a restaurant and bar in Osu. The Republic Bar offers great acoustic music and unique drinks which you will not find anywhere else. Moving out of Osu to Asylum Down, the Champs Sports Bar and Grill is one of the newest hangouts which host events and has live music.
3. Readings, Arts and Exhibitions – You don’t have to spend lots of money to discover something new in Accra. There are book readings to look forward to. The book reading is organized by the Writers’ Project of Ghana and hosted at the Goethe Institut in Cantonments. There are also arts exhibitions in the language study centres. And for drama lovers, the National Theatre of Ghana holds the Heritage Theatre Series.
4. Parks and Beaches – There are parks and beaches in Ghana where you can spend quality time with family and friends. Head to the Lakeside Marina Park at Ashaley Botwe, which looks out over the lake. Here you can go on boat rides, swing and slide or just relax by the lake. There is also the Mmofra Place in Dzorwulu, a park for children to play and connect with nature. The beaches are a wonderful alternative to families. Bojo Beach, though quiet, offer visitors a free ride on the lake to the seashore. Kokrobite Beach is further away from the capital with a serene atmosphere for families and those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
5. Clubs and Nightlife – Accra also has plenty of options for the night owls among us. Bedouin Lounge is located at the Lizzy Sports Complex in East Legon. Bellaroma is a restaurant, bar and club all in one. It opens at 9am and closes late. For the best music selection, cocktails and a place to hangout with friends and colleagues after work in a central location, then the Firefly Lounge and Bar is what you need.