The countdown to the Christmas holidays has begun for almost everyone. We don’t know how far you are into planning for the Yuletide. If you have not started planning, then Jumia House Ghana would like to take you through some steps to prepare your home for the Christmas holidays.
Last week, we shared some tips on how to keep your room spacious during the festive season. Today, we would like to take you through some of the items that you must have in your home especially during this season. You know your home is the place where you can relax after a long day’s work and it will serve as a venue for hosting your guests during this festive season. Jumia House Ghana has created a list of must haves for every home. Go through the list and ensure you have all these items especially if you have moved into a new home or are planning to move into one or just preparing for the holidays.
- Flashlight – In Ghana, the flashlight has become one of the most essential items every home must have. If you did not know already, the Electricity Company of Ghana has modified the load shedding schedule so you need a flashlight. It could either be a rechargeable one or that which uses dry cells but no matter the type, the flashlight is something you need to acquire for your home.
- First Aid Kit – Surprised? Yes, the first aid kit is an essential for every home. The kit should contain some painkillers, antibiotics and ointments to dress wounds in case any accident occurs. A few homes in Ghana have first aid kits but if you are thinking of getting a gift for a family this Christmas, consider a first aid kit.
- Cleaning Products – Supplies like antiseptic liquids, detergents, scouring agents, scrubbing brushes for the bathroom, sinks and toilet. When you are going shopping for Christmas or for that new home, don’t just shop for clothes and food, remember your home needs to sparkle.
- Plunger – Popularly known as the pump by most Ghanaians. This is an important device for every home that has a sink or a toilet. There are two types: one for the toilet and the other for the sink when they get choked. The plunger is really a life saver. Imagine living on the top floor of a storey building and having a choked sink, you call the plumber and he has gone for Christmas holidays. What will you do? This is when the plunger comes in handy. So the next time you go shopping, don’t forget to get a plunger.
- A Tool Kit – This is as important as a first aid box. You need nails, screws, bolts and nuts, screw drivers and a hammer. These tools are important for urgent situations like when your child decides to throw a heavy object at the roof in the middle of the night. This is when you hurriedly pick up your tools and fix the roof before the carpenter is called in the morning to prevent the roof from caving in entirely.
- Ironing Board and Iron – Enough of borrowing an iron from your next door neighbour. Offer yourself a special treat by purchasing an iron for your home this Christmas. Your clothes will look straightened and your next door neighbour will not narrow his eyes at you whenever you knock on his door. Are you not tired of ironing on the centre table or waiting for the visitors to leave before you iron your clothes? Buy an ironing board and an iron for your home.
- Breakable Plates and Glasses – No disposable plates and cups this time. Now you are matured, you need some real plates in your home for yourself and the visitors who visit your home this Christmas.
Remember, stay safe, play great and show love to your neighbors this festive season.