Spending time with your family is important. We at meQasa believe you need to take time out to bond, relax and catch up. Preferably, out of the house and we’ve come up with five places you can visit with your family. Here they are:
- Kakum National park: For a feel of nature at its best, the Kakum National park is the place to be. Home to over 40 species of large mammals like Elephants and Buffalo; and about 250 species of birds, it gives an exciting “jungle-book” experience. The 30M high canopy walk is another part of the park that makes it intriguing. It gives a wider view of wildlife in the park and spans across several (1000) feet in length. For a weekend or overnight stay, there are basic campsites to add to the thrill of night ‘jungle’ life.
- La palm Kids Theme park: This theme park complete with boat rides is a great spot for your kids. Located right next to the main pool of the La Palm Royal Beach Resort, it provides safety and peace of mind to watch your kids play while you have some fun yourself.
- Lake Volta: Also known as the Volta lake, is one of the largest man-made lakes in the world and is located in the Volta region of Ghana. It offers a variety of cruising and watersports experiences including a waterfall view.
- Aburi Botanical garden: Located in the cool mountainous region of Akwapim-Togo, the Aburi Botanical garden is home to a special collection of ornamental plants, royal palms, and the biggest silk cotton tree in West Africa. The serenity of the garden attracts picnic lovers, nature-lovers, horticulturalists and the likes.
- Labadi Beach: One of the most popular beaches in the capital city of Accra. It offers a variety of entertainment tailored to meet the Family’s taste. With Table-tennis and Volleyball courts for the kids and sauna baths for the parents, it surely is a fun way for the whole family to relax.
Nancy Ewurum is a young and ambitious lady with a passion for creative writing and social entrepreneurship through software development. Currently enrolled in the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology, Accra, she writes in her spare time. You can connect with her on twitter.