This is not a when life gives you lemons make lemonade post. Ghana’s only dedicated property portal presents five alternate ways of using lemon around your home. Here they are:
- Air Freshener: It’s time to put aside your chemical air freshener and go the natural route. Simmer lemon slices and cloves in a pan of water. While it simmers it rids your home of any odor giving your home lemony freshness.
- Polish: Do you copper utensils or anything made of copper? Cut half a lemon, dip it in salt and rub it over your copper. Voila! Shiny once again
- Whitener: If you love white, then you know that the beauty of it is in keeping it white. Skip the bleach, fill a pan with water, add some slices of lemon and bring to the boil. Once boiled turn off the fire and add you whites and let them soak for about an hour. Post that, remove and wash.
- Stain Remover: Stained your clothes or napkins? Soak the stained area in lemon juice for an hour. If the stain persists, make a paste of lemon juice and baking soda, Dampen the stained area and then rub your paste in the stained area. This works best for tea, coffee and berry stains
- Clean your Chopping Board: Over time your chopping board gets stained by the items you cut in it. These stains are not easily removed by soap and water. This is where lemon comes in handy. Cut a lemon and rub on the surface of your board, allowing the juice from the lemon to soak between the line. Leave for twenty minutes, then after rinse.
BONUS: Sanitize your bin by dropping half a lemon along with a tablespoon of baking soda into your bin.